Children’s Cerebral Palsy Movement is also The California Chapter of Reaching For The Stars (RFTS)
- In 2005, RFTS was launched. It is the only parent-led nonprofit foundation in the world focused on CP prevention, treatment and cure.
- In 2014, RFTS gathered 7,000 petition signatures and appeared before the Senate Committee to influence the US federal budget.
- In 2015, the US federal budget appropriations language now calls for a 5-year strategic plan and research infrastructure for CP.
- In 2015, Children’s Cerebral Palsy Movement officially became the California Chapter of Reaching for the Stars, dedicated to serve our local community with CP education, advocacy and research and to support innovative rehabilitation.
- Started by 2 people, RFTS now has a membership of 21,000 + caregivers of children with CP across the US and around the world.
The time is now to make a difference!