Cerebral Palsy affects:
- 1 in 323 children in the US
- 10,000 babies per year
- 800,000 American children and adults
- 17,000,000 people worldwide
The high cost of living with Cerebral Palsy:
- The average lifetime cost for just one person with CP is estimated to be $1.5 million above and beyond the cost of living for an average U.S. citizen.
- It is estimated that the lifetime care and medical costs for all people with CP, who were born in the year 2000 alone, will total more than $13.5 billion.
With research and development of better treatments, these costs could be reduced.